Saturday, September 27, 2008

run

I ended up with 13.6 miles this week. No workouts Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. This morning I did the Moon Valley Grasshopper Bridge 5k. I didn't race it at all, just a nice leisurely 5k since I have been doing all of my running on the treadmill. I jogged the first 2 miles without stopping to walk and then I walked at the mile 2 water stop and then on the part on the soccer field. I don't like running on grass at all. I couldn't feel my foot for the last half mile or so.

I'm doing okay but I would really like to try to run 5 times per week. I can't seem to do more than 4 days per week.

Wed 9/24: no workout
Thu 9/25: no workout
Fri 9/26: no workout
Sat 9/27: 5k race

Edited to add: Results are finally posted and I came in at 44:12. Like I said, I didn't have any particular goals for this race, just get out there and have fun. I know I could have pushed harder, but why risk injury?

No comments: