Sunday, September 28, 2008

more

I just did 10k on the treadmill. It wasn't difficult until the last half mile or so. I took walk breaks every 6 minutes and halfway through I stopped to go to the bathroom. My total time was 81 minutes. Afterwards I stretched out well and took a shower.

Even though i've been lamenting about my inability to run 5 days per week, I tallied up my miles for September and I've done 48.9 miles with 2 more days to go. I anticipate that I'll finish September with 53.6 miles. I ran 40.85 in August so this is a decent (and manageable) increase. I don't think I want to go more than 60 miles in October. Slow mile buildup is the key to not getting injured!

Speaking of injuries, yesterday my foot felt like a dead fish flopping in my shoe for about the last half mile of that 5k. Today on the treadmill, I had a couple of twinges but nothing that was debilitating. I hate to do the majority of my miles on the treadmill but the surface really seems to be forgiving on my foot. And at least I'm able to run somewhere!

Sun 9/28: 6.2 miles

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you are back at it. It sounds like you have just the right idea keeping your mileage climbing slowly but steadily. Let's both keep the injury bug away.