Wednesday, October 29, 2008

back

So I hit a minor detour in my training. I was slated to do the Bisbee Stair Climb on 10/17. The night before the Stair Climb, I became violently ill and could not keep anything down for 36 hours. I spent the weekend in my hotel room barfing my guts out. I guess I got food poisoning, but I don't know for sure.

The incident knocked me out for 12 days. The week after I got sick I was pretty weak so I didn't run. However, I'm back on track and have done 3 workouts in 4 days. So I can still do the Phoenix 10k but I'll just be very slow!

Sun 10/26: 3 mile jog (bridle path)
Monday 10/27: 2 mile jog (bridle path) and 1 hour yoga
Tuesday 10/28: no workout
Wednesday 10/29: 3 mile jog (treadmill)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, that's terrible. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better and back to running, though. It will be great just to be out running the Phoenix 10k - don't worry about how fast. Just have fun!