Saturday, July 12, 2008

Update

I've been on vacation since July 3 and have used the time to step up my exercise game. I actually started prior to my vacation while I was in Anaheim for a convention. While there, I took advantage of my hotel's fitness center. They had a killer spinning class and I took two while I was there. I also used the weights, elliptical, and took their yoga/stretch class.

When I got back from Anaheim I continued my exercise regime. Since June I have been taking ballet twice per week and yoga twice per week. This week I added some jogging and walking to the mix, either before or after my classes. Belly dance is on Sundays for 90 minutes.

I'm hoping to do more jogging. I started slowly and did .5 mile jog the first day (3 miles total with walking), 1 mile (2 with walking) 1.5 mile (2 with walking), and tonight 2.5 mile (3 with walking). The first day was torture. I felt like I was jogging through molasses. But by this evening it has become so much easier. Slow, but easier. It's amazing how your body bounces back with regular conditioning.

I think the stretching/toning elements of the dance and yoga is a good counterbalance to the jogging. I definitely want to do a race again in the near future (last one was Turkey Trot and I jogged 2 miles of the 5k).

I've also noticed that my eating has gotten better. I'm not craving the fast food like I have been in the past few months. I suppose that my body is enjoying the seratonin produced from the exercise rather than wanting it from food. All good developments.

I'll try to update here more often so I can have a record of my progress. I'm not ready to start clocking miles yet or doing weigh ins but I'll probably start soon.

No comments: