Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Plodding along

I just returned from a 12 day trip to Washington DC and Richmond, VA. 7 days of the trip was the annual ALA conference and then the last 5 was vacation to visit my parents.

I've been getting out there, but my training has been sporadic. I've had stops and starts where I've done well some weeks and then dropped off others. I had one nice jog in Richmond while I was out there but other than that just a lot of running around from meeting to meeting.

If I don't have a goal, I don't seem to do well with the training! Marathons gave me a long term goal and focus. I ran 3 in 6 months because I wanted to keep that feeling of focus. It's such an intense goal. I think I still need to keep my eyes on the marathon but just not train at such a breakneck speed.

I had a nice 1.3 mile tonight. I walked 2/3 mile, jogged 1/3 mile, then walked 1/3 mile afterward to cool down.

If I get my butt out of bed tomorrow I'll do the 4th of July 5k! 6:30 is so early and you know I'm not a morning person. At least it's on my side of town! The west side!

Take care and enjoy your holiday!

3 comments:

The Evernoter said...

Ann,

great to see you back online. Hope your 5K went well. I look forward to reading of your training to that next marathon!

Andy

Unknown said...

Great to have you back...and I like the new digs. Just get back into running slowly and make sure you are enjoying each one. The rest will take care of itself.

Phil said...

Good luck getting back into the running game. Take it slow and make sure those feet hold up.

Sorry I missed you at the ARR Summer Series 5K on the 4th. I'll be at the next one on 21 July down in Tempe if your interested. It's a fun loop through the park.